Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pizza Puffs


Source: Stephanie Cooks 

So I kind of love pizza. I could probably eat pizza for a decent amount of time before I would get sick of it. So when I saw these on one of my favorite food blogs... I instantly bookmarked it. This is a great recipe to make for a snack or light lunch to get you through the rest of the day until dinner. I also thought about making these when I make Italian style dishes instead of the common garlic bread.... just an idea.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic/onion powder blend
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup pizza sauce or your favorite dipping sauce


Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 375o. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.

2.) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; stir in the milk and egg.

3.) Stir in the cheese and seasonings and let stand for 10 minutes.

4.) Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.

5.) Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

* I have a big kid here, I just used my regular muffin tin and doubled the recipe so that it filled all 12 muffin tins! I also added about 10 minutes to the oven time because I used the big muffin tin!

No comments:

Post a Comment