Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Cups




Okay okay it is beginning to look like all I cook (and eat) around here are sweets.... but when I saw this on one of my favorite food blogs I instantly thought of Casey. Casey loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! Bake it in a cookie, and what is not to love? I, on the other hand, am not the biggest fan of peanut butter. It just seems to dry my mouth up and just make me want to chug a drink down. 

Well I made these about a week ago, and they kinda have been sitting there.... waiting for someone to eat them. I thought once Casey knew I was making these he would have ate these right up. Instead they are sitting in the pantry not being touched. Come to find out, Casey had to go out on a job, but before he left he had a few and thought they were delicious! Of course he didn't tell me this until after he was out of town, so I thought they were a disaster! Come to find out he is now craving them and can't wait to get home! Hopefully too see us and not just the cookies :)

The funny thing about this situations is ever since Casey and I have lived together, I have been the one to cook. Of course at the beginning I wasn't very good at it and maybe cooked chicken for every meal. Needless to say Casey just ate whatever I cooked and that would be that. He would never voice his opinion or make any kind of suggestions, or even tell me if it was good or not. Finally I put my foot down and I wanted some feedback.... negative or positive. Well it has taken a while but finally he will tell me his opinion, and sometimes he waits forever to tell me.... like now for instance... I finally hear he loves these Peanut Butter Cookie Cups after a week! Oh how I love that man!


 Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling dough
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, removed from their wrappers

Directions: 
1.) Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.) Beat together sugar, brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter. until blended. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat well.
3.) Grease a mini muffin tin. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and push firmly into muffin tins.
Bake 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
4.) While still hot, push a mini Reese's into the cookie. Place back in the oven for 1 minute.
Allow to cool in the pan 15-20 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.












No comments:

Post a Comment