Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins


Casey and I both absolutely love bananas. That means an actual banana or anything banana flavored! However every time I buy bananas at the grocery store I can never use them all up and eventually they go to waste. This past week was no different. I had bought bananas and of course had a couple left over so I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.... I mean bananas AND chocolate....put it in a muffin and call it breakfast.... sounds good to me! 

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened (or 1/2 c. butter)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. sour cream
2 bananas, mashed well
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (6 oz.) pkg. Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Paper muffin cups
Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.2.)Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer. Add eggs and mix well.
3.)Dissolve baking soda in the sour cream. Let it "rise" for a minute, then add it to the butter and egg mixture. Mix well with beater on medium speed. Add bananas and blend in.
4.) Add flour and baking powder together. Mix in thoroughly, but no longer than necessary. Add vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Fill muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Recipe makes approximately 1 1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment