Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sausage Cheese Puffs




Good Morning!

Ever since I entered my 3rd trimester of pregnancy I can not sleep. It is very frustrating to start your day at 3am. However this lack of sleep has made me look forward to making ( and eating ) breakfast. This recipe came from my Great Aunt Betty's cook book! It was one of my go to recipes and every time I make them Casey can't wait until they get out the oven, and then usually burns his mouth on them. These are sooo easy to make and are sooo good. I make them for breakfast, but they would be a great snack or appetizer.





Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground sausage ( can use original, maple, or spicy)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups biscuit mix
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350F
2.) Mix all ingredients in a large bowl ( I find mixing by hand is the easiest )
3.) Shape into 1 inch balls
4.) Place on greased baking sheet ( I use tin foil )
5.) Bake about 25 Minutes or until golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment